“We, the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.” Pennsylvania Association of UR Coordinators
Some leadership lessons embedded in this creed:
- Recognize that the majority of your people come to work wanting to do a good job and contribute (“The willing”).
- Inspire through vision, build competence through direction, and keep people informed (“Led by the unknowing”).
- Be realistic in expectations given the limitation of resources (“Doing the impossible”).
- Praise and acknowledge your people for their good work (“For the ungrateful”).
- Provide support and encouragement when spirits drop (“We have done so much for so long with so little”).
The last few years have been tough and everyone has worked hard. Remember that your people produce your products, service your customers, and keep the business running. Take some time to recognize them, listen to their concerns, and lead them well.