“I have had the great fortune of knowing Glenn for over 20 years! During that time, Glenn has never ceased to amaze me with his thoughtful insights on effective leadership. I would wholeheartedly recommend Leadership Works to anyone wanting to grow a more effective team!”
– Toby Taniguchi – President, KTA Superstores
Leadership Island Style® for Newcomers
March 30 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
A “MUST DO” WORKSHOP FOR ANYONE NEW TO HAWAII
Doing business in Hawaii is not the same as anywhere else. Significantly influenced by three cultures – East, West and Polynesia – failure to understand and embrace Hawaii’s cultural nuances and island style behaviors could lead to rejection, ineffectiveness and failure. The sooner newcomers understand this unique island environment and are able to adapt, the greater their chances for successfully leading their teams.
Leadership Island Style® for Newcomers is a must-do workshop for anyone who has recently moved to Hawaii and is starting a new job or business career.
Born and raised in Hilo, Hawaii and having spent over four decades helping leaders and organizations succeed throughout the Pacific, leadership expert, Glenn Furuya, will teach participants how to navigate their new island home and business climate by:
- Equipping them with the necessary tools to thrive as a leader within the cultural framework of Hawaii.
- Providing them with valuable insights regarding the individuals with whom you will engage in this region.
- Offering them guidance on the cultural and behavioral tendencies of the local community to facilitate effective engagement.
- Explaining the five key attributes of “Aloha” that can help them build trust and gain endorsement in an island setting.
Additionally, participants will have an opportunity to hear from a co-facilitator, who will share their experience of successfully transitioning from the Continental U.S. to Hawaii.
Time will also be provided for open discussion and participant Q&A.
Anyone new to Hawaii that is leading a team, opening a business or just wants to better understand our unique island business culture.
DATE & TIME
March 30, 2023 from 10:00a – 3:00p (includes one hour lunch break).
Live over Zoom Video Conferencing (link, ID and password to be emailed upon registering and confirmation of payment)
$125.00 per person (including tax) – Last day to cancel and receive a refund is March 24, 2023.