The Leadership Works® Experience
Featuring THE FIVE SEEDS™ of Effective Leadership
Leaders are the “make or break” point of any organization, and while some believe that great leaders are born, we believe that the thought and behavioral patterns of extraordinary leadership can be cultivated.
Based on THE FIVE SEEDS™ Model, which encompasses nearly four decades of research, observation and experience working with numerous successful leaders and organizations, Glenn Furuya, founder and president of Leadership Works, has converted his findings into a world-class, six-day leadership experience.
How Will I Benefit?
Comprehensive, practical and designed to produce results, you will unearth five critical seeds of effective leadership, all while forming new bonds with other community and business leaders.
Delivered though a combination of engaging presentation, group discussions and interactive tools and activities, each day of our signature leadership course is thoughtfully designed for maximum learning and impact, summarized as follows:
- Introduction to THE FIVE SEEDS™ Model
- Getting Things Done
- Seed #1 – The Seed of Choice
- Making wise choices and sound decisions,
- Developing as state of mindfulness
- Staying centered during times of difficulty
- Working In vs. Working On
- Conducting Effective Meetings
- Seed #2 – The Seed of Passion
- Unlocking passion and finding joy at work
- Discovering your “Big Why”
- Critical qualities of passionate leaders
- Seed #3 – The Seed of Reason
- Doing the right things in the right way
- Creating a leadership bowl
- Managing bananas
- Seed #4 – The Seed of Empathy
- Discovering the roots of empathy
- Empowering people to peak performance
- Learning how to praise and correct others with ease
- Seed #5 – The Seed of Discipline
- Getting the job done through personnel discipline
- Establishing clear communications
- Making decisions
- Solving problems effectively
- Social Style
- Understanding the four SOCIAL STYLE® behavioral patterns: Amiable, Analytical, Driving or Expressive
- Discovering your own personal SOCIAL STYLE and SOCIAL STYLE Versatility and its impact on others (assigned as pre-work)
- Improving your interpersonal and communication skills through effective SOCIAL STYLE management
Prior to coming to class, participants will also be required to complete an online survey, which will assess their leadership skills against those presented during this course. A post-session survey will be provided approximately six months after graduation to provide on-going feedback of their leadership skills and ensure maximum return on investment.
Who Should Participate?
The Leadership Works Experience is designed for executives, directors, managers and supervisors, who are committed to growing their leadership, teams and organizations.
8:30a – 4:00p (includes a one-hour lunch break and hourly stretch breaks)